Saturday, September 3, 2011

J is for Jade

Oh, my!  Sadly, I've been neglecting my blog.  Let's get to it!

Continuing with the theme of blogging the alphabet, here we are at the letter J.  J is for jade.  Jade is a beautiful stone of many shades that has been used for both utilitarian and ornamental purposes throughout history.  Here I will focus on the ornamental.


Here are a few of the listings I've made that showcase jade.  For these pieces, I've used olive jade.















Below you'll find listings from other wonderful Etsy artists that use jade in their works.




































There are tons of jade listings on Etsy, and I've just scratched the surface.  Take a look around for more here:  Jade Search on Etsy.  Please feel free to leave a comment in the section below for this listing or ideas for a K listing.  Thank you for reading.  See you next time!






3 comments:

Kristen said...

These are beautiful pieces of jewelry and I'm honored you put my enameled necklace among them!

Tracy said...

Great post! Thanks for including my Jade and Sterling Silver earrings. Wonderful Etsy finds. Such talent!

Jenny said...

Jade is beautiful in so many colors. I love that you started with olive jade, a color you don't often see. Thanks for including my Fruit Salad necklace - I am honored to be among so many beautiful pieces.